Contact:

Contact:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meet My New Minister!

Meet My new minister! He is one of the most humble and selfless people I know. He refuses to drive a fancy car or live in an upscale townhouse. He never, never overeats or wastes his food. Expensive clothing he always shys away from. I don't think he ever owned a pair of alligator shoes... that would be to pretentious for him.


Occasionally, he asks for an offering but never asks for very much. He does not travel in the social circles most minister's frequent. He does not waste his resources on fancy restaurants. A vacation is something he has only heard of. He's much to preoccupied for that.

Like some other minister's I know, he is ignored by many who see and hear him, but choose to pass on by without taking him very seriously.

His greatest contribution is that he tests people to see what they are really made of. He challenges them to be real servants of the Almighty. He demands nothing, but chooses to sit quietly by and watches to see if my fellow Christians will adopt a servant hood lifestyle.

Yes, he is my new minister! Much different from the others I have had. He challenges me to be my very best as I serve Christ and he does it without uttering a word. He is my minister because he reminds me of my responsibility for service. Without words he inspires me to immerse myself in God's word and discover how I should live. He is my minister because he is who he is.

Also, he is my minister because, I believe,  he has been sent by God to make me a better servant of the Most High! The mere sight of him moves me to action! O, that I might not miss this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.