Contact:

Contact:

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Getting the Most Out of Prayer!

How we human beings love to plan. We plan vacations right down to the smallest of details. We plan business meetings for the purpose of achieving success, especially when those meetings include people who can be of most help to us. We plan our finances so as to maximize our income and wealth. So much planning!

During this mornings devotions, this thought came to me; "Shouldn't I put as much energy into planning my daily, personal prayer sessions as I do other activities in my life? There is much to organize and think out prior to actually entering into our private prayer sessions. Who will I pray for? What will I pray for? What will I ask of God? What about detailing each of those things I want to be grateful for?

When you actually think of it, our prayer sessions with the Almighty may actually be the most important personal business meeting of the day! After all, we will be meeting with the Creator of the universe!We should know ahead of time how we will best use that precious time. Spontaneity in prayer is wonderful. I would not diminish it's importance. However, I believe there is something to be said for planning each of the elements of our prayer time. Surely that time is at least as important  as vacation! GDL

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.