Contact:

Contact:

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Husbands, Honor Your Wives

Since 2007 my wife, Susan, has been disabled. Since that time I have become her full time caregiver. All of the household chores now fall to me and I must admit that this is a daunting task.

Now when I think of all of the years my wife took care of the house while, at the same time, raising our five children... I am in awe. She handled all of these responsibilities in addition to being a full time Salvation Army Officer! She was (and is) an outstanding mother, wife and (then) Pastor. Today I marvel at how she managed to do it all and do it far better than I ever could.

My message today is...Husbands, honor your wives. Honor them by pitching in and making life easier for them. Honor them by giving them your love and attention. Honor them by being the kind of husband and father God wants you to be.

Time passes quickly. Don't allow the years to pass by only to find out, in old age, you could have done more and should have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.