Contact:

Contact:

Sunday, August 1, 2010

It Takes Time to Rejoice!

There are so many things to rejoice about. As I think of it, I rejoice every day for all the good things that have come my way.

I rejoice in the memory of my family who, over the years, sheltered and nurtured me so that I might become the very best I could be. I rejoice in my wonderful wife who has demonstrated the courage and determination to set for her family the very best example. I rejoice in my children, each of whom has a good heart and has become a loving parent themselves. I rejoice in my twenty two grandchildren who have, God willing, many years of life,influence and service in the days ahead.

There is so much to rejoice for! I rejoice in life itself and all that it has brought. I rejoice in the provision of God to His humble servant. I rejoice each day I rise to a new set of opportunities. I rejoice in the rest and peace that is mine. Mostly, I rejoice in the hope of eternity which I know is mine.

Indeed, there is so much to rejoice for! So much that, I have discovered, when I am finished rejoicing there is little or no time to fret over the challenges of life. No time for the 'whoa is me' thinking that so many around me are indulging in.

Thank you, Lord! I rejoice in Thee, today and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Pauls' admonition to Rejoice always is really not caught, it must be practiced and practiced and the Spirit gives the impetus.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.