Contact:

Contact:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Discouraged in Ministry?

All to often we expect immediate or even intermediate results from our ministry. Often, we do not see much results from our efforts. Don't give up on what God has called you to do! If God has called you to do it, He will equip you. He will direct you. He will give the victory!

I am no stranger to discouragement. I understand the feelings one gets when their ministry efforts, whatever they may be, seem to fall on deaf ears. It can be very discouraging. However, we are called to persevere in what God has called us to do. Your ministry may be in the pulpit. It may be in your neighborhood. Perhaps it is among friends and acquaintances. Whatever God has called you to do, don't give up! When we are obedient and faithful, He always brings the victory!

Sometimes it seems that even fellow Christians fail to support you. I remember when I started this blog, there were some that suggested that, since I was no longer in the full time ministry, it was inappropriate to start an 'unofficial' ministry effort. Others have suggested that my efforts are to 'modest' to make a real difference. I was tempted to just throw my hands up in disgust, sit back, and enjoy retirement. Well, discouragement notwithstanding, I made a conscious decision to forge ahead and write as God inspires me to write and place the rest in God's hands. After one year there have been over 2200 individuals in 15 countries who have read the articles I have posted. PTL! Never give up! Whatever God has called you to do, rely on Him and He will bring the victory!

If you are a pulpiteer, preach harder than ever. If you are a counselor, continue reaching out and provide Godly counsel. If you are a Sunday School teacher, study, study, study, and then deliver your lesson with confidence. Whatever your ministry, never, never, never, give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.